Housing for New Students

McKendree Housing Application for new first-year and transfer students opens on November 1 for the Spring 2024 semester and February 1 for the Fall 2024 semester!  

Whether you're moving in during the fall or spring, we've made it easy to select your home away from home.


1.  Submit your $400 Campus Resident deposit ($200 for the Housing Fee and $200 for the Tuition Fee).  You can do that by calling Student Accounts at 618-537-6868 during regular business hours.  You can also use payment.mckendree.edu if you wish.

2.  24 hours after the housing fee is processed, you will be able to access The ResLife Portal tile from the MyMcK Portal.  You can either go to login.mckendree.edu or click on MyMcK from the top right-hand corner of the McKendree home page.  Click Here to see instructions for getting to your Housing Application.

3.  Complete the appropriate campus housing application - indicate your personal preferences for housing and a meal plan and sign the Housing Contract Terms and Conditions. Once the application is submitted, you will be sent instructions for next steps, such as completing your ResLife Portal Profile, entering Emergency Contacts, and searching for a roommate.  Next Steps: Update your Personal Info, Join a Waitlist, Search and Select Roommates.

4.  Submit your Medical History and Immunization Form to Health Services.  Failure to comply with this Illinois State mandate will result in a $50.00 fee and a hold being placed on the student's registration by the Office of Health Services.  Also be available on The ResLife Portal.



If you need to change or update the information or preferences your originally provided on your application, please send an email to reslife@mckendree.edu

Please note that all assignments are made without regard to race, sexual orientation, religion, or national origin, and the University rejects all requests for assignment changes based upon these reasons.


McKendree University works to serve and advocate for students with disabilities, ensuring equal access to educational opportunities and programs while promoting self-advocacy and independence. If you feel you require a housing accommodation or assistance animal while attending the University, it is advised that you submit a request with the Office of Disability Services. If approved, the Office of Disability Services will inform Residence Life of your requirements and we will work with you to ensure they are met.


All full-time undergraduate students of McKendree University are required to live in campus housing. However, students who met one of the exemptions of the Residency Requirement Waiver can be approved to live off campus.

Waivers must be submitted on or before January 1 if applying to live off campus starting in a spring semester and on or before July 1 if applying to live off campus starting in a fall semester.