Payment Options


Payments through Self-Service

Student may make payments by selecting the "Pay your Bill" link on the Account Summary page of the Student Finance module of Self-Service. This option will connect with the University's partner for payment processing. Students may elect to pay directly from their checking or savings account or with credit card*.

*Credit and debit card payments are subject to a 2.95% convenience fee charged by the processor.


Payments accepted at Student Financial Services

Students may visit Student Financial Services on the first floor of Wildy Hall to make a payment toward their account. McKendree University accepts cash, checks, credit cards and ACH payments. ACH payments are accepted over the phone by contacting Student Financial Services at 618-537-6868.



Mail-in Payments

Checks and correspondence may be mailed to the address below. Please include the student's University ID on all checks and correspondence.

Student Financial Services

McKendree University

701 College Road

Lebanon, IL 62254-1291


Payment Plan

McKendree University partners with NelNet to offer payment plans each semester. The payment plan requires you sign up for automatic payments, which will occur on the first of each month. 

The student will receive a notification to their McKendree University email address prior to the start of the term with instructions on how to set up a payment plan. A plan must be established each semester. Payment plans are not available for summer terms.


    • Pay via an automated bank payment (ACH) or credit card/debit card (additional fee will be assessed)
    • Cost to participate is $57 per semester
    • Return payment fee is $30 if a payment is returned
    • Select 3, 4 or 5 month plans each semester

Payment Plan Information

Email if you need to have the notification re-sent.


Third Party Payments

Student Financial Services coordinates with many organizations (Third Parties) who provide funding to individual students. Some of our more common third party payers are:

  • Veteran’s Administration (contact Financial Aid for more information)
  • Tuition Assistance (TA) program for active military
  • Illinois Office of Rehabilitation Services
  • Missouri Office of Rehabilitation Services
  • British Council

Students must initiate the agreement with their sponsoring organizations.  The sponsor will provide a written confirmation detailing what charges they will cover, along with the contact information for who is to be invoiced.  It is the obligation of the student to pay any charges not covered by the sponsor by the original due date.


Employer Sponsored Tuition Plan

We recognize that many of our students take advantage of their employer's tuition reimbursement benefits in order to continue their education. When these benefit programs consist of an agreement between the employer and the student there is no impact on the student account. Students should plan to pay the account balance by the due date, regardless of the timing of reimbursement of tuition benefits from the employer.

When an Employer Sponsored Tuition Plan is designed to pay McKendree University directly (i.e., through the Bright Horizons program), qualified students should submit the appropriate documentation to Student Financial Services at the start of each semester.

Credits for payment through an employer sponsored tuition plan are applied to the student account when payment is received.


College Savings Plan

Many families across the country are finding that using a college savings plan to pay for college makes more sense than ever.  All 50 states now offer college savings plans, sometimes referred to as a 529 plan.

If you have invested in a 529 plan, you will need to contact your account administrator for details on disbursements.  You may need to provide McKendree University's Federal School Code, which is 001722. Payments or authorizations to bill can be mailed to Student Financial Services at the following address:

Student Financial Services

McKendree University

701 College Road

Lebanon, IL 62254-1291


Credits for payment from an 529 plan will be applied to the student account when payment is received.

Withdrawing funds from a plan will vary by state.  For information on all savings programs, visit


International Wire

International students may wire payments to the University using the information linked below. Payments must be made in US currency. Please include the student’s ID in the payment information.


Bank Information - Wire Transfer


Penalty for Returned Payments

The student's account will be charged a $35.00 fee for any payment returned by our depositing bank.