Middle School Endorsement
McKendree University offers Middle School Endorsement classes for teachers with either
elementary or secondary education licenses. Those who wish to teach in departmentalized
grade 5 through grade 8 must complete additional coursework in the nature and needs
of early adolescents and middle school philosophy, and curriculum/instructional methods.
The Illinois State Board of Education gives the guidelines for Middle School Endorsement: http://www.isbe.net/certification/middle_grade/msinfo.htm
Middle School Philosophy and Practices
Early Adolescents and Schooling
The classes are offered on the Lebanon campus and online. For the schedule of classes, please select the term below.
Spring 2016 - January & March start dates
Summer 2016 - June start date
Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission for questions regarding the classes.
Complete the online application and select Middle School Endorsement. All students taking endorsement coursework will be classified as non-degree seeking.
2015/2016 Academic Year (August-July)
The educator tuition rate is $375 per credit hour for certified teachers or those who have experience in teaching. Tuition for the Master of Arts in Education is $455 per credit hour. Online courses have an e-learning technology fee of $60 per credit hour.
Students have the option to get an alternative loan. Federal student loans are not available for non-degree seeking student.
McKendree University partners with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to offer students an interest-free monthly payment option. For an enrollment fee, the billing cost is spread out over the time period that you are taking the courses. For more information please contact the Business Office at 537-6868 or go online at http://www.afford.com/.
1. Only the amount that will be paid by the employer can be deferred. The entire
amount will be subject to interest charges until the student’s portion is paid.
2. A letter from the employer stating that the employee is eligible for tuition reimbursement will be required each semester. Depending upon the employer’s tuition reimbursement requirements, a copy of the policy from the company may be sufficient. This letter should be submitted to the Business Office.
3. The employer should make McKendree the Payee (or at least the co-payee) on the check.
4. Deferment period will terminate 30 days after the date grades are issued.
5. The balance will be subject to interest charges if payment is not received within 30 days from the date grades are issued.
Office of Graduate Admission
701 College Road
Lebanon, IL 62254
800-BEARCAT ext. 6576