For Admitted International Students

International students that have been accepted to McKendree University and have decided to pursue their education at McKendree will need to complete and submit the following to ensure their enrollment:

1. Submit a signed 'Intent to Register' form with a Resident Deposit.

Deposits can be paid over the phone with a credit card or through a wire transfer. Contact Alexander McWhirt at for information.

2. Class Registration.

You will work with the International student counselor to complete class registration. For more information, contact Alexander McWhirt at

3. Apply for Campus Housing

4. Submit a Current Bank Statement.

This document is needed to verify that you have the financial ability to fund your education for at least one year. An amount equal to the cost of attendance, less any institutional aid awarded to the student, must be provided in the letter. This letter must be on official bank letterhead. This document must be submitted before the I-20 will be issued.

5. Confidential Medical History Form and immunization record.

This document must be completed by you and your medical doctor. Required information is needed from the student's medical history, which should include immunizations and a recent physical examination.

6. Health Insurance.

All international students must obtain health or medical insurance by the time they arrive on campus. You may also contact McKendree Director of Health Services at (618) 537-6503 for additional questions you may have about medical issues.

Suggested Insurance Provider:

ISO Student Health Insurance

US NetCare

International Student Insurance



Securing an I-20, Student VISA, and Other Immigration Information

Before McKendree University will issue an I-20, you must have completed the following:

1. Completed the application process and gained admission to the University

2. Indicated your plans to attend McKendree University

3. Submitted a current bank statement

After the I-20 has been issued, it, and other important documents, will be sent to you via DHL courier. You will need to make an appointment with the nearest US Consulate to apply for an F-1, or student VISA, which is needed to enter the United States. You will need to bring the I-20 with you when securing your VISA.


Experience a higher quality education and discover endless opportunities. Apply Online!