It's Audition Season!
All interested students should refer to the following steps for successful entry into the McKendree University Department of Music and/or to apply for Visual Performing Arts or Athletic Bands music scholarship opportunities.
NOTE: All intended music majors or minors must audition for program entry regardless
of scholarship status.
If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Streif, our Music Events and Logistics Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-537-6554.
• McKendree University Athletic Bands: $3,000 awarded annually for co-curricular participation in the Marching Bearcat Band, Color Guard and the PomCats Dance Team.
• McKendree University Visual and Performing Arts Division: $3,000 awarded annually for participation in an academic music ensemble such as Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble, Concert Choir or Dance Ensemble.
• State Music Educators Association Achievement Award: ILMEA and MMEA instrumentalists of at least the District level are eligible to receive the maximum award of $5,000 for participation in both Marching Band and Concert Band. This award is applicable towards students from all states providing they have achieved this status their senior year of high school.
All 3 types of music awards are eligible to stack on top of academic awards, but none of the music awards will stack together as of Spring 2016. (ex. Marching Band $3,000 + Concert Band $3,000 does not equal $6,000). Maximum awards when paired with academic awards can be as high as $18,000!
Click HERE to learn more about how being a good student in high school can really pay off!
How to Set Up Your Music Program and/or Music Scholarship Audition
1. Apply and be accepted to McKendree University.
2. Submit an online Audition Form (see links below). All dancers will use this form to register.
After receiving your Music Audition Request, Shannon Streif will coordinate your audition process through a confirmation e-mail.
3. Read the Audition Requirements and download the required Audition Music
as specified in your confirmation e-mail.
4. Prepare for your performance! Your final step will be auditioning for
the McKendree Music Faculty either in person or as a video
At this time, we are accepting music audition registrations for:
*both on campus as well as by appointment at local high schools*
To submit a Video Audition, we recommend uploading your video to YouTube as an unlisted video. Unlisted means that only people who know the link to your video can view it. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces, like your channel, search results, or the homepage. It's up to you to maintain the privacy of your video and the unlisted URL. Even though your video will not appear anywhere in public, links to the video could still appear elsewhere on the web if anyone who knows the video's URL shares it.
How do I create an unlisted video?
1. Record the video via phone, tablet or video camera
2. Sign into or create your YouTube account
3. Click on the Upload button at the top of the page.
4. You'll see the option to make the video Public, Unlisted, or Private.
5. Select Unlisted.
6. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer.
7. While the video is processing, edit the Basic Info and click Done when you are finished
How do I share an unlisted video?
To share an unlisted video, just copy the URL and email the link to Shannon Streif, Music Events and Logistics Coordinator, at email@example.com. I will also be your contact if you have any technical questions about the video sharing process.