Fall Involvement Fair
The McKendree Involvement Fair is a festive event that provides student groups the
opportunity to connect with students and highlight their organization to the McKendree
community. A student group is most effective when the membership is large enough
to support the group’s goals and represents McKendree’s diverse campus. Our goal
is to help your group be the best it can be!
The Fall 2013 Involvement Fair will be held on Friday, August 30, 2013 from 11am-2pm on the campus quad. Registered Student Organization and Departmental registration must be completed by Thursday, August 15, 2013 for McKendree Registered Student Organizations. Space is limited and late entries will not be accepted!
Before you register for the Involvement Fair...
Is your group a McKendree University Registered Student Organization (RSO)? Click here to renew your organization's registration with the Office of Campus Activities and the Office of Student Affairs. Note that all organizations are required to renew their registration each year. Registering has many benefits, including official recognition with McKendree, free web space, ability to participate in the Involvement Fair, and a number of others! You will not be able to reserve a table at the Involvement Fair until your RSO information is updated.
The Office of Campus Activities will provide your group with:
· a table and two chairs (*Organizations may need to share tables for the spring fair)
· a 8.5 x 11 sign marking your table
· You will be able to set up your table at 10am on Friday, August 30. Items must be taken down immediately at the conclusion of the event (2pm)
McKendree RSOs - Do you have what it takes to be the "Best Table at the Fair"?
Win a $50 Gift Certificate that can be used for your choice of the following: Printing at the Print Shop/Mailroom or Campus Bookstore for supplies. (Gift certificate is to benefit the whole group and not just an individual member or members).
The "Best Table at the Fair" should include:
· a tablecloth or banner for your table
· signs with your group name and logo
· posters, videotapes, pictures or memorabilia of past events
· brochures/ handouts describing your group
· a list of meeting dates and places for the semester to handout
· a date/time/meeting place for an information session for potential new members
· a sign up sheet for prospective members (so you can send a follow-up note after the fair)
· a friendly, knowledgeable group representative who can staff the table, answer questions, and highlight your group in a positive, outgoing manner
· a creative attention getter—anyone walking by could be a potential member!
**Electricity is extremely limited. Registration forms will be evaluated for any groups requesting electricity.
NOTE: The Involvement Fair is not to be used for any fundraising purposes.
The Involvement Fair helps you get new members! When you increase your membership, you increase your visibility and your energy on campus. New members could mean new ideas and fresh perspectives, as well as more energy to reach your current goals.
Please join us! You are an integral part of the McKendree community—we need you there. To reserve a table for the Fair, CLICK THE LINK BELOW. You must RSVP by 5pm on Thursday, August 15, 2013. Space is limited and late entries will not be accepted. If you have any questions, please call the Office of Campus Activities at 537-6856, or email at email@example.com.
REGISTER FOR THE INVOLVEMENT FAIR