Local Business Registration
Dear Local Business,
McKendree University is hosting its annual Involvement Fair in the campus Quad area on Tuesday, August 30, 2016. Our goal is to increase involvement on campus and promote awareness of our local businesses to students, faculty, and staff. Many of our campus organizations will be invited to represent themselves at this event, but we are also hoping to include local businesses, such as you, to familiarize students new to the area about options and opportunities available to them outside of the campus community.
Date, Time, Place:
The Involvement Fair will be held on the campus quad just west of the fountain, across from the library on Tuesday, August 30, 2016 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Set up time is 10:00am. Rain (severe weather) date for the fair will be Wednesday, August 31 from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. Please plan to be available for both the official date and the rain date.
Cost for businesses, non-profit organizations, and agencies is a $35.00 non-refundable fee. The registration fee helps cover the cost of rentals and supplies, but also helps keep the event free for student organizations to participate.
The Involvement Fair has limited openings for local businesses. As an exhibitor, you may benefit from the following:
- Access to over 1000 people, including McKendree University students, faculty, and staff
- Valuable networking opportunities
- 6-foot table and two chairs
- An 8.5x11 sign marking your table
- Inclusion on the Involvement Fair Exhibitor’s List, which will be distributed to the entire campus.
Access to electricity will be limited. As you know, it can be very warm and humid in September, so having a portable, battery powered fan is highly encouraged.
While businesses are encouraged to set up informational booths at the event, they will not be permitted to sell goods or services. This is a great opportunity to highlight your business or organization to our campus community. We do encourage you to bring:
- Decorations (tablecloth/banners/signs) for your table
- FREEBIES! Product samples and promotional items get attention. Employment applications are encouraged if you are looking for new staff.
- Coupons and student/faculty/staff discounts
- A friendly, knowledgeable person who can highlight your business in a positive, outgoing manner
- A creative attention-getter – anyone walking by could be a potential customer; maybe even an employee!
- Food Reminder: any food that is temperature sensitive can cause undue illness if prepared/maintained improperly.
Over the past few years, we have held an attendance prize drawing for students in attendance. Exhibitors have donated various items to give away and it is a great way to attract students to the event. We ask that you consider donating an item. Businesses, along with their donated items will be listed in the directory that will be given to those who attend the event. By participating in this giveaway event, you can increase the number of students who visit your booth.
Vendors may pull into the Circle drive to unload only. Parking will only be valid in the "C" Lot, which is located just off Alton St., across from the circle drive.
Please complete the registration and return it with your payment by August 17, 2016 in order to insure your spot at the McKendree University Involvement Fair. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (618) 537-6856. We look forward to your participation! Although the deadline for registration is set, please note that space is limited and may fill up prior to that date so register early!