Local Business Registration
Dear Local Business,
McKendree University is hosting its annual Involvement Fair in the campus Quad area on Friday, August 30, 2013. Our goal is to increase involvement on campus and promote awareness of our local businesses to students, faculty, and staff. Many of our campus organizations will be invited to represent themselves at this event, but we are also hoping to include local businesses, such as you, to familiarize students new to the area about options and opportunities available to them outside of the campus community.
The Involvement Fair will begin at 11:00am and will conclude at 2:00pm. Cost for businesses to attend is $35.00. Participants will be able to set up their areas at 10:00am on Friday, August 30. Being that this is an outdoor event, the Involvement Fair will have a rain location of the Statham Gymnasium in the Melvin Price Convocation Center.
The Involvement Fair has limited openings for local businesses. As an exhibitor, you may benefit from the following:
- Access to over 1000 people, including McKendree University students, faculty, and staff
- Valuable networking opportunities
- 6-foot table and two chairs
- An 8.5x11 sign marking your table
- Inclusion on the Involvement Fair Exhibitor’s List, which will be distributed to the entire campus.
While businesses are encouraged to set up informational booths at the event, they will not be permitted to sell goods or services. We do encourage you to bring:
- Decorations (tablecloth/banners/signs) for your table
- FREEBIES! Product samples and promotional items get attention. Employment applications are encouraged if you are looking for new staff.
- A friendly, knowledgeable person who can highlight your business in a positive, outgoing manner
- A creative attention-getter – anyone walking by could be a potential customer; maybe even an employee!
Over the past few years, we have held an attendance prize drawing for students in
attendance. Exhibitors have donated various items to give away and it is a great way
to attract students to the event. We ask that you consider donating an item. Businesses,
along with their donated items will be listed in the directory that will be given
to those who attend the event. By participating in this giveaway event, you can increase
the number of students who visit your booth.
Please complete the registration and return it with your payment by August 2, 2013 in order to insure your spot at the McKendree University Involvement Fair. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or (618) 537-6856. We look forward to your participation!