Team Bogey Coordinators
Team Bogey Coordinators are paid leadership roles within the Campus Activities Board. The coordinators recruit a committee and plan a variety of events, contests, and activities at McKendree athletic events. They also maintain the organization and membership of The Purple Pit, our student seating and cheering area. There are certain, specific requirements to be a Team Bogey Coordinator. To find out more information and to apply, please click HERE.
Team Bogey Committee
The Team Bogey Committee is a volunteer group of individuals who assist the Team Bogey Coordinators with the planning and execution of events and activities. It is currently an active committee within the Campus Activities Board. The committee is currently limited to 7 dedicated individuals. Requirements include:
- Be a full-time, enrolled student at McKendree University and remain in good academic and judicial standing
- Attendance at weekly meetings (currently at 4pm on Mondays)
- Attendance at scheduled Team Bogey /Purple Pit events
- Assist with Team Bogey/Purple Pit marketing efforts
- Additional information can be found HERE
Through involvement, it is expected that committee members gain leadership skills and experience to apply for a coordinator position. An additional goal through involvement and commitment, is to re-establish Team Bogey as a Registered Student Organization. To apply for the Team Bogey Committee, please click HERE.
Bogey, the McKendree University Mascot
Bogey, the McKendree University Mascot helps create excitement for and promotes the University as well as Bearcat Athletics at a variety of university events. Bogey is expected to work alone and with the cheer squad, dance team, and band to get the crowd involved, as well as to interact closely with fans at these events. The Mascot plays an important role in promoting Bearcat Athletics and building strong community relations. Mascot positions are awarded on an annual basis.
For more information, please contact McKendree Cheer Coach, Bianca Timmermann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Purple Pit (Student Cheering section)
We want a ton of fun, crazy, Bearcat fanatics to be members of the Purple Pit! The Purple Pit is known as our student section at athletic games. Requirements: 1. Wear Purple or White, 2. Sit in the student section 3. Cheer like crazy for the Bearcats!
5 Reasons to Join the Team Bogey Purple Pit
1. You are passionate about McKendree University and Bearcat Athletics!
2. (1) Free Team Bogey t-shirt
3. Opportunities to get free stuff for attending athletic events
4. The only cost for membership is your voice and attendance!
5. It is a great way to start your involvement and be part of tradition.
The Team Bogey Mission Statement and Conduct Code are very important to us. All Team Bogey members are not only expected to follow the guidelines, but are also expected to set a strong example for other students in how to follow them. We want to represent the McKendree student body in a positive manner, as well as be a role model within the student community.