Work Study Employment
The Campus Activities Office employs a number of students through the Federal Work
Study system. Please see the general requirements listed below. Upon clicking the
links, each position may have a full description listed. Please read through the
descriptions of the positions that you are interested in. Staff members will be selected
based on completion of an application, and a brief interview if necessary.
1. Must be a full time McKendree student registered for the fall 2016 semester. Federal Work Study preferred.
2. Must be able to work weekend and/or evening shifts
3. Shall have a minimum of 5 hours of Federal Work Study allotted per week
4. Complete an interview if required.
5. Minimum 2.25 GPA for manager positions.
6. Complete necessary paperwork and training if hired.
Salary, Benefits, and Outcomes
1. Minimum wage
2. (2) Free staff shirts (Lair positions), (1) staff shirt (Intramural/Weight Cardio Room) to be worn during shifts (additional shirts available for purchase)
3. Exposure to a fun and active environment on campus!
4. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
5. Enhance time management, problem solving, and teamwork skills
6. Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
7. Gain practical work experience as related to one's major (certain positions)
Current Staff Positions (select links for full position description and to apply)
Campus Activities Board Employment:
1. Executive Board Positions (must be at least 2nd semester freshman status)
APPLY - Campus Activities Board Coordinator
APPLY - Campus Activities Board Director
Campus Recreation Employment:
The Lair - Employment Opportunities
APPLY - Lair Staff
APPLY - Lair Manager (must be at least sophomore status)
APPLY - Media and Marketing Coordinator