Work Study Employment
The Campus Activities Office employs a number of students through the Federal Work
Study system. Please see the general requirements listed below. Upon clicking the
links, each position may have a full description listed. Please read through the descriptions
of the positions that you are interested in. Staff members will be selected based
on completion of an application, and a brief interview if necessary.
1. Must be a full time McKendree student registered for the Spring 2017 semester. Federal Work Study preferred.
2. Must be able to work weekend and/or evening shifts
3. Shall have a minimum of 5 hours of Federal Work Study allotted per week
4. Complete an interview if required.
5. Minimum 2.25 GPA for manager positions.
6. Complete necessary paperwork and training if hired.
Salary, Benefits, and Outcomes
1. Minimum wage
2. (2) Free staff shirts (Lair positions), (1) staff shirt (Intramural/Weight Cardio Room) to be worn during shifts (additional shirts available for purchase)
3. Exposure to a fun and active environment on campus!
4. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
5. Enhance time management, problem solving, and teamwork skills
6. Understand and apply professional and ethical responsibility
7. Gain practical work experience as related to one's major (certain positions)
Current Staff Positions (select links for full position description and to apply)
Campus Activities Board Employment:
1. Executive Board Positions (must be at least 2nd semester freshman status)
APPLY - Campus Activities Board Student Coordinator
APPLY - Campus Activities Board Student Director
3. Van Driver
APPLY - Van Driver
Campus Recreation Employment:
The Lair - Employment Opportunities
APPLY - Lair Staff
APPLY - Lair Manager
APPLY - Media and Marketing Coordinator