Will you be the next…McKendree Idol? Campus Activities Board and Kappa Lambda Iota (CLIO) present the Tenth Annual McKendree Idol Fund Raiser for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Fund. The purpose of this event is two-fold: 1) It is a fun event that showcases the talents of our McKendree students and 2) McKendree Idol serves as a fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Fund.
To date, CLIO and Campus Activities Board have raised over $8500 to aid in breast
This year’s Idol event features some changes! There are several competition levels:
- McKendree Idol Auditions: Sunday, February 10th from 7pm-10 in PAC 220
- Elimination Round 1 (Singer’s Choice): Wednesday, February 13th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Elimination Round 2 (Oldies But Goodies – Before 1990): Wednesday, February 27th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Elimination Round 3 (Year I Was Born – Participant’s Birth Year): Wednesday, March 6th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Final Rehearsal: Monday, April 1st time TBD in The Hett
- McKendree Idol Final: Wednesday, April 3rd at 8:30pm in The Hett
The finals will be a ticketed event. Students may pick up their free tickets for the McKendree Idol Finals on Thursday, March 21 at the Chris James Comedy Show in the Lair from 9:30-10:30pm –OR– Friday, March 29 between 12pm and 1pm in the CAB Office. Cost after March 30th is only $2.00 for students. Cost for faculty, staff, and non-students is $5.00. All ticket money will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund.
- All Finalists will receive a $20 Subway Gift Card for their participation
- Highest Donation Award Winner
- $100 Visa Gift Card to the contestant that raises the most money.
- Contestant donations are due to the CAB Office by 4 pm on Tuesday, April 2.
- McKendree Idol – Best Overall Performance Winner
- iPad Mini
- $50 Visa Gift Card
Judges will comment on individuals’ songs during the final competition, but will also
be scoring for the Overall Winner, based on: vocal skill (20 points), showmanship
(10 points) and stage presence (10 points).
To get a copy of the complete rules, please see the registration page or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.