Will you be the next…McKendree Idol? Campus Activities Board and Kappa Lambda Iota (CLIO) present the Tenth Annual McKendree Idol Fund Raiser for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Fund. The purpose of this event is two-fold: 1) It is a fun event that showcases the talents of our McKendree students and 2) McKendree Idol serves as a fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Fund.
To date, CLIO and Campus Activities Board have raised over $10,000 to aid in breast
This year’s Idol event features some changes! There are several competition levels:
- McKendree Idol Auditions: Sunday, February 9th from 6pm-10 in PAC 220
- Elimination Round 1 (Singer’s Choice): Thursday, February 27th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Elimination Round 2 (Oldies But Goodies – Before 1990): Thursday, March 20th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Elimination Round 3 (Year I Was Born – Participant’s Birth Year): Thursday, April 10th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Final Rehearsal: Monday, April 28 time TBD in The Hett
- McKendree Idol Final: Wednesday, April 30th at 8:30pm in The Hett
The finals will be a ticketed event. Students may pick up their free tickets for the McKendree Idol Finals on TBA. Cost after TBA is only $2.00 for students. Cost for faculty, staff, and non-students is $5.00. All ticket money will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund.
- All Finalists will receive a $20 Subway Gift Card for their participation
- Highest Donation Award Winner
- $100 Visa Gift Card to the contestant that raises the most money.
- Contestant donations are due to the CAB Office at rehearsal on Monday, April 28.
- McKendree Idol – Best Overall Performance Winner
- iPad Mini
- $50 Visa Gift Card
Judges will comment on individuals’ songs during the final competition, but will also
be scoring for the Overall Winner, based on: vocal skill (20 points), showmanship
(10 points) and stage presence (10 points).
To get a copy of the complete rules, please email: email@example.com.