Will you be the next…McKendree Idol? Campus Activities Board and Kappa Lambda Iota (CLIO) present the 12th Annual McKendree Idol Fund Raiser for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Fund. The purpose of this event is two-fold: 1) It is a fun event that showcases the talents of our McKendree students and 2) McKendree Idol serves as a fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Fund.
To date, Kappa Lambda Iota (CLIO) and Campus Activities Board have raised over $12,000
to aid in breast cancer research.
This year’s Idol event features some changes! There are several competition levels:
- McKendree Idol Auditions: Wednesday, Feb. 4 and Thursday, Feb. 5 from 8:30pm-10pm in PAC 212. All persons interested in auditioning will sing a brief a cappella version of a song in front of a panel of judges.
- Elimination Round 1 (Singer’s Choice): Wednesday, February 11th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Elimination Round 2 (Theme - Old School/Throwback): Wednesday, February 25th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Elimination Round 3 (Students' Choice): Thursday, March 5th at 8:30pm in The Lair
- Final Rehearsal: TBD in The Hett
- McKendree Idol Final (Singer's Choice): Wednesday, April 1 at 8:30pm in The Hett
The finals will be a ticketed event. Students may pick up their free tickets for the McKendree Idol Finals on TBA. Cost after TBA is only $2.00 for students. Cost for faculty, staff, and non-students is $5.00. All ticket money will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund.
- All Finalists will receive a $20 Subway Gift Card and McKendree Idol t-shirt for their participation
- Highest Donation Award Winner
- $100 Gift Card Package (various merchants) to the contestant that raises the most money.
- Contestant donations are due to the CAB Office at rehearsal.
- McKendree Idol – Best Overall Performance Winner
- $250 Cash Prize
- McKendree Idol Trophy
Judges will comment on individuals’ songs during the final competition, but will also
be scoring for the Overall Winner, based on: vocal skill (20 points), showmanship
(10 points) and stage presence (10 points).
To get a copy of the complete rules, please email: email@example.com.