Harvest Challenge 2013
A "Get Up & Go!" Cup Event
Saturday, September 7, 2013
"Harvest Challenge" Starts: 8:00 a.m.
Course Orientation and Safety Briefing: 7:40 a.m.
5K (3.1 miles) run/walk
Half Marathon (13.1 miles) run
Melvin Price Convocation Center (MPCC)
Alton Street, Lebanon, IL 62254
"Harvest Challenge" T-Shirts while supplies last. Performance long-sleeve T for half marathon and 50/50 3/4-sleeve "baseball" T for 5K.
Medals to the top 3 finishers in each race, male and female, in six age groups: 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and over. Trophies to overall 1st place finishers in each race, male and female. Special trophy to runner who sets new course record in each race, male and female. "Finisher" medals to all registered half marathoners and to all registered participants 12-years-old and younger.
Medals to the top 3 finishers in each race, male and female, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39,
40-49, 50-59, and 60 & over.
Trophies to "1st Place Overall" finishers in each race, male and female.
Special trophies to runners who set a new course record, male and female.
"Finisher" dog tags to all registered 5K participants 12-years-old and younger.
"Finisher" medals to all registered half marathon participants.
Registration Fee - Registration is CLOSED!
5K: $15.00; On Race Day: $20.00
Half Marathon: $33.00; On Race Day: $40.00
Cash, check, or Register online at active.com
Race Packet Pick-up
Friday, September 6, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at the MPCC
Race Day starting at 6:30 a.m. at the MPCC.
What? The race goes on, rain or shine. No refunds!
For your convenience, you can Register online at Active.com - Registration is CLOSED!
Here’s how: Click the above link to register at Active.com and you’ll be at our active.com registration page. On this page, you'll find general race information. Scroll to mid-page and click "Register Now." You can now begin registering.
Go directly to the “active.com” web site, type “McKendree Harvest Challenge” into the search bar at the top of the page, click the “Search” button and you’ll be taken to our registration page. Click “Harvest Challenge Half Marathon/5K.” On the next page, you'll find general race information. Scroll to mid-page and click "Register Now." You can now begin registering.
Active.com is a secure web site used by Race Directors across the country. It gives you the convenience of registering from your computer and paying with your credit card. Active.com does charge a service fee of $3.25 for the 5K and $3.50 for the half marathon per registration for this convenience which is your responsibility. Your last chance to register online is 11:59pm CDT on Wednesday September 4th. So feel free to take advantage of this option or register through the mail or here in person at the McKendree University Intramural Gym Desk. It’s up to you. See you on Race Day!
Directions to McKendree University
• Interstate 64 to Exit 23, Illinois Route 4, Lebanon. Turn north on Route 4.
• Turn left (west) at first flashing red light on West St. Louis Street in Lebanon.
• Interstate 70 to Exit 21, Illinois Route 4, Lebanon. Turn south on Route 4.
• Travel about 9 miles and turn right (west) at the flashing red light on West St. Louis Street in Lebanon.
• Turn right (north) on Alton Street.
• Travel north on Alton Street for ½ mile just past the 4-way stop sign; our Melvin Price Convocation Center (MPCC) is on the right.
• There's plenty of parking available (1) at the MPCC, (2) near the starting line across from the McKendree Fountain, or (3) in parking lots no one ever uses on Stanton Street which is one block on the other side (west) of the fountain.