Join the Marching Bearcat Band
Become a Bearcat Band Member for a Day!
During the school year, we offer several opportunities for prospective students to come and spend the day in the life of a McKendree University Bearcat Band Member. Visit campus in the fall and enjoy performing with the McKendree University Bearcat Marching Band at one of our home football games. Join us in the spring to perform with the McKendree University Bearcat Pep Band at a double header men and women’s basketball game.
• $3,000 awarded annually for co-curricular participation in the Marching Bearcat Band, Drumline and Color Guard
• ILMEA and MMEA band participants of at least the District level are eligible to receive the maximum award of $5,000 for participation in both Marching Band and Concert Band
• Marching Bearcat Band awards stack on top of academic awards.
Click HERE to learn how being a good student can really pay off!
How to Set Up Your MBB Scholarship Audition
1. Apply and be accepted to McKendree University.
2. Submit an online Audition Form.
After receiving your Music Audition Request, David Boggs will coordinate your audition process through a confirmation e-mail.
3. Read the Audition Requirements and download the required Audition
Music as specified in your confirmation e-mail.
4. Prepare for your performance! Your final step will be auditioning for
the McKendree Music Faculty either in person or as a video
At this time, we are accepting music audition registrations for:
To submit a Video Audition, we recommend uploading your video to YouTube as an unlisted video. Unlisted means that only people who know the link to your video can view it. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces, like your channel, search results, or the homepage. It's up to you to maintain the privacy of your video and the unlisted URL. Even though your video will not appear anywhere in public, links to the video could still appear elsewhere on the web if anyone who knows the video's URL shares it.
How do I create an unlisted video?
1. Record the video via phone, tablet or video camera
2. Sign into or create your YouTube account
3. Click on the Upload button at the top of the page.
4. You'll see the option to make the video Public, Unlisted, or Private.
5. Select Unlisted.
6. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer.
7. While the video is processing, edit the Basic Info and click Done when you are finished
How do I share an unlisted video?
To share an unlisted video, just copy the URL and email the link to David Boggs, Director of Athletic Bands, at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will also be your contact if you have any technical questions about the video sharing process.