Citation Management Systems
There are many citation management systems that are available to you at no cost. Listed below are a few of the many tools that you may use to help you manage your citations as they are collected during the research process. Information about each product courtesy of the product maker.
Aigaion allows the user(s) to order publications in a self-chosen topic structure, offers BibTex and RIS import and export, and has an intuitive user interface.
• Bibliography management
• Complete user management
• Platform independent
The fully automatic bibliography maker that auto-fills. It's the easiest way to build
a works cited page. And it's free!
Search for a book, article, website, or film, or enter the information yourself. Add it to your bibliography and continue citing to build your works cited list. Download your bibliography in either the MLA, APA, Chicago or Turabian formats. It's that easy!
BibSonomy is a system for sharing bookmarks and lists of literature. Why don't you try it yourself?
• Allows you to easily collect and organize sources
• Share sources with others
• Organize sources with tags
CiteULike allows you to import, export, and manually enter citation information into a form to create citations in your choice of over different different citation styles, including APA and MLA.
• Formats website URL information
• Requires users to create accounts in order to use the tool.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.
• Automatically generate bibliographies
• Collaborate easily with other researchers online
• Easily import papers from other research software
• Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
• Access your papers from anywhere online
• Read papers on the go, with our new iPhone app
Use the "Reference" ribbon in Word to enter citation information and create citations and bibliographies in the style that you need. Make sure to select the correct style prior to entering the citation information.
• No account required
• Widely used product
This free tool allows you manually enter your information into a form and then formats the citation format in either APA, MLA, or Chicago style.
• No registration is required.
• Automatically generates bibliographies
Get your next exam, paper, or project done better, quicker. Qiqqa, pronounced "quicker" puts you back in control, with all the tools you need to manage your documents and notes effectively, visualize your ideas, and find insights you would have missed otherwise.
• Super-charged PDF management and search
• Collaborate, collect sources, and cite your references
• Brainstorm new ideas, visualize your topics, and much more
refbase can import and export references in various formats. It can also make formatted lists of citations iand offers powerful searching, and RSS support.
• Flexible display options
• Powerful searching
• Direct download and easy upload
• Outputs formatted citation list
• Share sources
WIKINDX is a free bibliographic and quotations/notes management and article authoring system designed either for single use (on a variety of operating sytems) or multi-user collaborative use across the internet.
• Manages bibliographic data allowing me to search faster
• Allows unlimited storage
• Allows multiple attachments
• Exports bibliographies
• Supports multiple users
WizFolio is an online research collaboration tool for knowledge discovery. With WizFolio you can easily manage and share all types of information in a citation ready format including research papers, patents, documents, books, YouTube videos, web snippets and a lot more.
• Allows multiple files to be uploaded simultaneously
• Search Pubmed, Google Books, YouTube, Bing, Amazon Books within WizFolio
• Organize with folders, flags, tags, and notes
• Share your collections with any number of colleagues by simple Drag-n-Drop
Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. It lives right where you do your work—in the web browser itself.
• Grab your research with a single click
• Add PDFs, images, audio clips, video files, and snapshots of web pages
• Share sources and collaborate with others