Food & Drink
Food and drink are allowed in the Library with some restrictions. The following policy
Please be respectful of those around you and respectful of library materials and furnishings. You can help preserve the collections by complying with the Library’s food and drink policy outlined below:
• Covered drinks are welcome in the Library.
• Snack food (e.g. fruit, cookies, energy bars, etc.) may be eaten in the Library. Messy, odorous or greasy foods (e.g. ice cream, soup, pizza, burritos, etc.) are not allowed.
• Please refrain from eating food when using Library materials.
• Dispose of trash appropriately and take leftovers with you when you leave. Clean off crumbs and keep tables clean for other library users. Report any overflowing trash receptacles.
• We realize that accidents can happen. If you spill food or drink on a book or journal, please bring it to the service desk as soon as possible. You will not be charged for damages. The Library will be able to handle cleaning the item more easily if they receive it quickly. If you find damage to a book or journal you are using, or if you notice a spill on furniture or the floor, please notify staff at a service desk as soon as possible.
• The Library reserves the right to ask the patron to remove his or her food and drink from the Library.