Half an Hour at Holman
Every Monday from 1:15 PM to 1:45 PM Central Time in HOL 105
- 7 Open Library: Read, Correct, and Borrow
- 14 Holman Mobile on Library Anywhere
- 21 APA Tips, Tricks & Techniques
- 28 MLA Tips, Tricks & Techniques
- 4 ResearchGate: Social Networking for Scientists and Researchers
- 11 Holman Mobile: Meet the New Holman App
- 18 ebrary: ebooks Online and Offline
- 25 I Have a Citation, Now What? Finding Sources Using Citations
- 4 Newspaper, Journal, Website, or Book? What Am I Looking For?
- 11 Just What I Needed! Finding Sources Your Instructor(s) Will Like
- 18 Just What I Needed! Finding Sources Your Instructor(s) Will Like
- 25 Where Do I Start? Three Easy Steps for Beginning Your Search
- 1 How Do I Tell? Determining Peer-reviewed Status
- 8 Get Your Head Into the Clouds: Dropbox, VoiceThread & iCloud
- 15 Presentation Options: GoAnimate!, ThingLink & TimeGlider
- 22 You Just Made My Day! Online Citation Tools
- 29 FDSys: Using Government Documents for Free
Ten at 10:00 Tuesdays
Take just ten minutes out of your busy day to come over to HOL 105 and learn about ten new resources, search techniques, technologies, trends, or suggest your own topic.
- Mar 12 Ten Citation Management Tools
- Mar 19 Ten Free Screencasting Tools
- Mar 26 Ten Preformatted Citation Tools
- Apr 2 Ten Assignment Calculators
- Apr 9 Ten Collaboration Management Tools
- Apr 16 Ten Cloud Management Tools
- Apr 23 Ten Statistics Tools
- Apr 30 Ten Translation Tools
Treat Yourself Tuesdays
Mendeley Citation Management System
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.
• Automatically generate bibliographies
• Collaborate easily with other researchers online
• Easily import papers from other research software
• Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
• Access your papers from anywhere online
• Read papers on the go, with our new iPhone app
Or, come to HOL 105 and join us there. If you are bringing your mobile device to
the session, then just make sure to download and install the desktop app on your device
before the webinar begins.
(NOTE: No workshop will be held on February 12, 2013.)
Popcorn and a Webinar
Every Thursday from Noon to 1 PM Central Time* in HOL 105
Stimulating Innovation with e-Portfolios (Special time: 2 to 3 CT)
The Horizon Report in Action: Emerging Technologies Today and Tomorrow
Improving Outcomes For Homebound/Alternative Education Students With Online Learning
That's HOW! Thursdays: HOW (Holman Online Workshops)
Every Thursday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM Central Time
Workshop | Engage Your Class Using Any Device
Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
(NOTE: No workshop will be held on January 17.)
Workshop | TimeGlider
Web-based timeline software for creating and sharing history, project and more. Create, collaborate, and publish zooming and panning interactive timelines.
(NOTE: No workshop will be held on February 14.)
Workshop | Research Project Calculator
You use a calculator to budget your money. Why not use one to budget your time? The Research Project Calculator will provide you with a timeline that will help keep you on track and on task, so that you finish your assignment(s) on time. Wonderful for students and instructors too!
Workshop | Make Your Own App
Wish you had an app for that? Your wish is granted! Learn how to make your own app for little or no cost.
March 22, 2013, 3 PM to 4 PM Central Time (HOL 105)
Workshop | Using the I-Share Library Program
Ever need a book that we don't have at Holman? Why not open your options from the collection of one library to the collections of nearly 70 academic libraries in Illinois. Come learn how to create your I-Share account, request items, renew items, what happens if you turn the items back in late, and more!
March 29, 2013, 3 PM to 4 PM Central Time (HOL 105)
Workshop | Using the Library for Literary Criticism Research
Do you have an assignment that requires you to find out more about a certain author
or a certain work? Come learn how to use the library's online and print literary
criticism collection to help you complete that assignment.
April 19, 2013, 3 PM to 4 PM Central Time (HOL 105)
Workshop | Using the Library for Locating Statistics
Do you have an assignment that requires you to find statistics? Come learn how to use the library's online and print literary statistics collection to help you complete that assignment.
April 14-20 | National Library Week: Communities Matter @ your library
Check out the interesting and informative resources about this year's national library week. View the public service announcement by this year's chair, Caroline Kennedy.