Each semester Career Services offers a variety of workshops and drop-in sessions to
assist students and alumni with the development of their career plan and job search. While
Career Services presents some of these topics to various classes and organizations
at McKendree, we also conduct workshops that are open to all students and alumni.
In addition, we sponsor alumni and professional speakers to speak on a variety of subjects.
Sample workshops and drop-in sessions include:
• Choosing a Major
• What Can I Do With My Major?
• Network Your Way to a Job
• Money Matters
• The Real World: Breaking Into Today’s Job Market
• Dressing for Success
• Catapult Your Candidacy: Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
• Dining Etiquette Seminar
• Employer Panels
• Seal The Deal! Effective Interviewing Strategies
• Got Internship?
• Crash Course in Job Hunting
• Strategies for Admissions Into Graduate School
• Life After Graduation
• Career Fair Prep Session
• Internship Q & A
• Interviewing Q & A
• Social Media and Creating Your Personal Brand
Please go to the Calendar of Events for a complete list of activities!