2014 Alumni Homecoming Committee
Looking for a fun way to get involved with your alma mater and connect with fellow
McK graduates? Look no further than the 2014 Homecoming Committee. It's that time
of year when the Alumni Office starts planning for the 2014 Homecoming & Alumni Weekend
set for October 24-26.
We are looking for individuals who would like to volunteer to serve on this year's Homecoming Committee.
Open to all alums, the Homecoming Committee's purpose is to provide a Homecoming program that is a celebration of the spirit and traditions of McKendree University. Our vision is to unite our fellow McKendree graduates by organizing and implementing a weekend of events which encourage alums to come back to campus to remember the past, celebrate the present, and look forward to the future. The Homecoming Committee is comprised of alumni representing the diversity of all McKendree graduates including gender, race, class year and affinity groups. The length of commitment for the Homecoming Committee is one year.
Committee Responsibilities and Expectations
The 2014 McKendree Homecoming Committee will work in conjunction with the Office of Development, Alumni & Parent Relations and the Office of Student Affairs to plan, support and implement the 2014 Homecoming events including:
• Class of 1964 Golden Anniversary Reunion
• Young Alumni Events
• Alumni Registration
• Homecoming Parade
• Family Fun Area
• Homecoming Picnic
• Affinity Reunions
• Alumni Awards Dinner
The committee members’ responsibilities include:
• Support the goals and mission of McKendree University and the Alumni Association.
• Act as a liaison to the McKendree Alumni Association.
• Assist with providing overall vision, direction and coordination of McKendree’s Homecoming.
• Attend and actively participate in Homecoming Committee meetings.
• Maintain communication through email, phone calls, and mail with the Office of Alumni, Development & Parent Relations as well as fellow committee members.
• Assist with the promotion of Homecoming events and encourage fellow alums and the McKendree community to attend Homecoming.
• Serve as event volunteer during the Homecoming 2014 Weekend.
• Assist with the recruitment of Homecoming Committee members for 2015.
• Attend 2014 Homecoming recap meeting to provide feedback and direction for the 2015 Homecoming celebration.
If you are interested in volunteering to serve as a member of the McKendree Alumni
Homecoming Committee, please fill out the interest form below. The Homecoming Committee
gives alumni an excellent opportunity to give back to the campus and the community
while having a blast celebrating their Bearcat pride!
The 2014 committee requests will be reviewed by the Office of Development, Alumni & Parent Relations, and selected alumni can expect a response within 2 weeks of submitting an interest form. The first committee meeting will be held in Spring 2014, but individuals are considered throughout the year.
For more information, please contact Alumni Relations at 618-537-6813 or email@example.com.