McKendree University will give careful consideration to your previous course work
and transfer in as many credits as possible. Courses are individually evaluated to
determine which are transferable and what requirements have been met. In most cases,
credit is issued for courses that have an equivalency to those that are offered at
McKendree. Our academic division chairpersons determine which courses will meet a
specific degree requirement.
Official transcript evaluations are completed once you have been accepted to McKendree. Preliminary evaluations are available once an official transcript has been submitted - request an evaluation or contact your admission counselor for details. Please note the following:
• Only courses with a letter grade of ‘C’ or better may be accepted in transfer. Pass/fail courses will not be accepted.
• Proficiencies earned at other institutions are not accepted.
• You may receive a maximum of 70 credit hours in transfer from a junior or community college.
• 96 credit hours in total may be accepted in transfer from an accredited 4-year institution or from a combination of hours from a 4-year institution and a junior or community college.
• At least 120 credit hours are required for graduation, with a minimum of 32 hours in residency at McKendree.