The MSN/MBA graduate program is designed for working nurses who wish to attain nursing executive positions or become entrepreneurs.
Core nursing courses required of all MSN students
NSG 500 Research Inquiry and Utilization in Healthcare 4 credits
NSG 501 Policy, Economics, and Organization in Healthcare Delivery Systems 3 credits
NSG 502 Ethical Issues 2 credits
NSG 503 Health Promotion/Disease Prevention 2 credits
NSG 504 Cultural Diversity in Healthcare Populations 3 credits
NSG 505 Professional Role Development 2 credits
NSG 600 Theories and Principles of Nursing Management 3 credits
NSG 601 Nursing Informatics 3 credits
NSG 605 Nurse Manager Practicum and Seminar 2 credits
NSG 613 Scholarly Project 2 credits
NSG 619 Nurse Manager Practicum with Business Application 1 credit
NSG 620 Nurse Manager Clinical Practicum 3 credits
MBA 621 Accounting for Managers 3 credits
MBA 622 Economics of the Firm 3 credits
MBA 623 Business Research Methods and Applications 3 credits
MBA 625 Legal Issues for Managers 3 credits
MBA 631 Corporate Finance 3 credits
MBA 641 Electronic Commerce 3 credits
MBA 642 Customers and Competitive Advantage 3 credits
MBA 652 Organizational Behavior 3 credits
MBA 653 Stakeholder Management and Ethics 3 credits
MBA 661 Corporate Strategy and Leadership 3 credits
Students who have not completed undergraduate course work in business may acquire the necessary knowledge as part of their MBA studies at McKendree University. A set of four foundation courses provide students with broad introductory knowledge in key subject areas of business. The School of Business advisor will determine the need for the following course work:
MBA 501 Foundations of Accounting and Finance 3 credits
MBA 502 Economics for Managers 3 credits
MBA 503 Marketing and Management Concepts 3 credits
MBA 504 Quantitative and Statistical Tools 3 credits
While there may be some overlap of these courses and the courses of the graduate curriculum, these requirements must be satisfied before the student begins his/her third course in the MBA curriculum.
Students interested in participating in the online MSN/MBA program must submit an online application for admission. Students must meet entrance requirements for both degrees. For additional information, please contact 1-800-BEARCAT, ext. 6576.
Tuition for the online Master of Science in Nursing program in $410 per credit hour. All online courses have an additional $50 per credit hour fee. Total cost is $460 per credit hour for the online MSN program. The only additional fees will be for textbooks, a $79 Certified Criminal Background/Immunization Verification, and a $100 graduation fee.
1. Only the amount that will be paid by the employer can be deferred. The entire amount will be subject to interest charges until the student's portion is paid.
2. A letter from the employer stating that the employee is eligible for tuition reimbursement will be required each semester. Depending upon the employer's tuition reimbursement requirements, a copy of the policy from the company may be sufficient. This letter should be submitted to the Business Office.
3. The employer should make McKendree the payee (or at least the co-payee) on the check.
4. Deferment period will terminate 30 days after the date grades are issued.
5. The balance will be subject to interest charges if payment is not received within 30 days from the date grades are issued.
Follow these steps to have your eligibility determined for all financial aid including loans:
1. Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will be using the previous year's Federal Income Tax forms.
2. List McKendree University on the FAFSA. McKendree's school code is 001722.
3. You will receive a SAR (Student Aid Report).
4. Once the student has registered for classes, McKendree Office of Financial Aid will review your SAR to determine your eligibility. There may be additional paperwork to complete at this time. The Office of Financial Aid will notify you of what is needed. Once all documentation is received, an award letter will be prepared and sent to you.
To check on the status of your FAFSA you may call: 1-800-433-3243.