Admission, Financial Aid and Tuition
McKendree welcomes applications from students holding a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution who seek a challenging educational experience in a stimulating and friendly environment. Applicants are considered on an individual basis without regard to sex, race, disability, nationality, or religion.
The following documentation and/or components are required for consideration for admission to Master of Arts in Education:
1. A completed graduate admission application. (no fee)
2. Official transcripts from each college or university attended. Official transcripts are those that are mailed from institution to institution.
3. A current vita or resume.
4. A minimum 3.0 G.P.A. on a four-point scale in undergraduate studies. Applicants with a G.P.A. below 3.0 may be conditionally admitted.
5. Three professional references.
6. Applicants may be required to participate in a personal interview to assess readiness for graduate studies.
2016/2017 Academic Year (August-July) The educator tuition rate is $385 per credit hour for certified teachers or those who have experience in teaching. Tuition for the Master of Arts in Education is $465 per credit hour. Online courses have an e-learning technology fee of $60 per credit hour.
Graduate Financial Aid - Click for detailed information.
fafsa.gov - Complete the FAFSA as soon after January 1st as possible. The PIN mentioned below will allow a student to complete the application online and an expected family contribution (EFC) will be provided at the end of the process.
pin.ed.gov - This is the site where a student can obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN). This number is unique to each individual and represents an electronic signature which can be used to sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a promissory note for a federal student loan.
McKendree School Code: 001722.
McKendree partners with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to offer students an interest-free monthly payment option. For an enrollment fee, the billing cost is spread out over the time period that you are taking the courses. For more information please contact the Business Office at 537-6868 or go online at http://www.afford.com/.
1. Only the amount that will be paid by the employer can be deferred. The entire amount will be subject to interest charges until the student’s portion is paid.
2. A letter from the employer stating that the employee is eligible for tuition reimbursement will be required each semester. Depending upon the employer’s tuition reimbursement requirements, a copy of the policy from the company may be sufficient. This letter should be submitted to the Business Office.
3. The employer should make McKendree the Payee (or at least the co-payee) on the check.
4. Deferment period will terminate 30 days after the date grades are issued.
5. The balance will be subject to interest charges if payment is not received within 30 days from the date grades are issued.
Office of Graduate Admission
701 College Road
Lebanon, IL 62254
800-BEARCAT ext. 6576