Evaluation of Transfer Credit
McKendree University gives careful consideration to your previous course work and
will transfer in as many credits as possible. Courses are individually evaluated to
determine which are transferable and what requirements have been met. Transcripts
will be evaluated by the Office of Academic Records and the Division Chair of the
Official evaluations are completed once you have been accepted to McKendree. AiM staff can provide you with an unofficial evaluation at your request. Please note the following:
• Only courses with a letter grade of ‘C’ or better may be accepted in transfer. Pass/fail courses will not be accepted.
• At least 120 credit hours are required for graduation, with a minimum of 50 hours from a 4-year institution, 32 of which must be from McKendree.
• You may receive a maximum of 70 credit hours in transfer from a two-year institution, including credit for military experience (with transcripts), CLEP, AP and DANTES.
• Up to 96 credit hours may be accepted in transfer from an accredited 4-year institution
• Proficiencies earned at other institutions are not accepted.
• All students must pass a writing proficiency examination before graduating from McKendree.
Send transcripts to:
McKendree University, Office of External Programs
701 College Road
Lebanon, IL 62254