Journalism practices and the media landscape regularly undergo major changes. Despite
radical transformations, writing and researching skills remain the two core skills
required to create excellent journalism. That is why they are at the heart of McKendree’s
Throughout your journey, you'll develop a strong understanding of communication theory, media ethics, and the legal issues that arise when covering the news. You'll also receive solid training in media design.
• Involvement with the Student Newspaper - The McKendree Review
• Online Radio Outlet - McK Radio
• University Communications Operations - University Communications & Marketing
• Internship Programs (locally and in the St. Louis area) - Career Services
• Other On-Campus Opportunities
The journalism minor will prepare you to become a proficient and ethical professional in a wide variety of media and related career opportunities. You'll learn to write well-developed articles for internet, newspaper, magazine, and other outlets. You'll also learn the editing, revising, and researching skills required of media professionals.
Meet the Faculty
Assistant Professor of Journalism & English
Carnegie Hall 104